The editors of the magazine «Healthcare» draw the authors’ attention to the fact that the magazine is included in the list of leading peer-reviewed scientific journals recommended by the Higher Attestation Commission, in which the results of dissertations for the academic degree of a doctor and candidate of sciences are published. The magazine is also listed in many international information systems and databases. Therefore all the authors must provide their works in accordance with the requirements and rules below. When drafted, the editorial staff and the editorial board of the magazine were guided by the «Single requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals» developed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (JCMJE), as well as the requirements for the inclusion in the Scopus database.
1. To the article with scientific supervisor’s visa the direction from the institution where the work was performed must be attached (it must be also indicated whether the article is planned, unplanned or a fragment of the dissertation work); apart from that, copies of subscription receipts of all authors of the article to the magazine «Healthcare» must be attached. In the cover letter, it is necessary to indicate the contribution of each author to this manuscript. Download the «Direction Sample» here.
2. The article is provided in 2 copies in printed form in Times New Roman font size 14 in 1,5 intervals on one side of white A4 paper with margins of 2 cm on each side. An electronic version of the article is mandatory, sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the note «Article for publication» and the name of the author, or on electronic media: CD-disks, USB-flash.
3. The size of original articles should not exceed 12 pages, scientific reviews and lectures — 20, the remaining articles — 8 pages. The title should be short (not more than 120 characters), accurately reflecting its content.
4. The abstract should be structured: a) the objective and purpose of the study; B) material and methods; C) results; D) conclusion. The summary should not exceed 200-250 words. On the same page are placed «key words» that help indexing an article in information retrieval systems. The English-language version of the annotation (title of the article and the author’s abstract) should be qualitative. The author’s abstract to the article is the main source of information in information systems and databases indexing the journal.
5. The title of the article shall indicate the initials and surnames of the authors, the title of the article, the institution where the work was performed. The article should be signed by all authors, specifying surnames, names and patronymics, current addresses (with zip codes), current contact phone numbers.
6. Original articles should have the following structure:
Introduction. It formulates the objective and purpose of conducting a study, briefly highlights the state of the issue with references to the most significant publications (up to 2 pages).
Material and methods. Quantitative and qualitative characteristics of the patients (examined), all the research methods used in the work are provided here. When mentioning equipment and new drugs in parentheses, the producer and country must be indicated. A detailed description of the statistical methods and the statistical package used in the processing of the results must be given.
Results and discussion. The data in the text must be provided in a logical sequence, tables and figures. It is not allowed to repeat all data from tables and figures in the text. The measurement values should correspond to the International System of Units (SI). It is necessary to emphasize the novelty of the results of your research and, if possible, compare them with the data of other researchers. The discussion can include basic advice and a brief conclusion (conclusions). Reviews, lectures and editorials can be issued differently.
7. Digital material is usually provided in the form of tables located vertically on the sheet. They must have a serial number, the title, the headings of the graphs must exactly match their content.
8. Illustrations (photographs, drawings, figures, etc.) should have a serial number, name, contain an explanation of all curves, letters, numbers and other symbols, information about the increase, the method of coloring or impregnation of the material (electronic versions are mandatory ). The drawing data should not repeat the data of the tables. The quality of illustrations should ensure their clear reproduction, photos should be contrast, black and white. On the back of each illustration must be placed a serial number, the author’s last name and a «top» mark. Photos cannot be returned to the authors.
9. The electronic version of photographs and drawings should be made in .jpg (quality score not lower than 8), .tif (without compression, 300 dpi); diagrams and graphs in .doc or .xls (Excel program). In the charts and graphs, the axes and data values must be clearly signed. The presence of a data table, according to which a graph or chart is plotted, is mandatory. Black and white halftone images should be saved as grayscale. Media: CD-disks, USB-flash.
Additionally, it is possible to publish illustrations in the form of color tabs.
10. References (bibliography) is printed in 1.5 intervals, each source from a new line under the serial number (no more than 30 sources). For clinical reviews — no more than 70. All works are listed in the order of citation (references to them in the text). Rreferences are given in Arabic numerals in square brackets during the text. The names of the magazines should be reduced in accordance with the rule accepted in the Index Medicus.
The compilation order is the following: a) author (s) of the book or articles; b) the name of the article, magazine, book; c) output data (city, year, volume, number, page). With the authors’ team up to 4 people inclusive, all authors are mentioned (with initials after the last names), with the first author’s groups, the first three authors are mentioned and «et al.» Are added «in foreign literature». In addition to authors of books, editors or compilers should be indicated. If the reference is given to a chapter from the book, the authors of the chapter and the title of the book after the double jamb first are mentioned, and then the output data.
In accordance with the requirements of international citation systems, bibliographic lists (References) should be given not only in the original language, but also in Latin (Roman alphabet). Therefore, the authors of the articles should provide reference in two versions: one in the original language and the other in the Roman alphabet. If there are links to foreign publications in the list, they can be completely repeated in the list.
In the Roman alphabet for Russian-Belarusian sources the following structure of the bibliographic reference is required: the authors (transliteration), the translation of the name of the article or book into English, the name of the source (transliteration), the output in digital format, the language in parentheses (In English). On the site http://www.translit.ru it is possible to use free simple program of transliteration of the Russian text into the Latin alphabet.
The algorithm of preparing links using the automatic transliteration system and the translator.
On the site http://www.translit.ru it is possible to use the transliteration program from Russian to Latin alphabet.
1. We enter into the program Translit.ru. In the «options» box, select the BGN (Board of Geographic Names) transliteration system. We insert in the special field the whole text of the bibliography, except for the title of the book or article, and press the button «in translit».
2. Copy the transliterated text in the References list.
3. Translate the title of the article, monograph, collection, conference, etc. into the English with Google translator, transfer it to the upcoming list. Translation, of course, require editing.
4. We combine the descriptions in translit and translation, making out in accordance with the accepted rules. At the same time, it is necessary to disclose the place of publication (for example, Moscow) and, possibly, to make minor technical amendments.
5. At the end of the link in parentheses put (in Russian). The link is ready.
Examples of Russian-language sources transliteration for the References:
Description of the Russian version of the article from the magazine:
Krasovskiy G. N., Yegorova N. A., Bykov I. I. Methodology of harmonizing hygienic standards for water substances, and its application to improving sanitary water legislation. Vestnik RAMN. 2006; 4: 32—6 (in Russian).
Description of the article from the electronic magazine:
Белозеров Ю. М., Довгань М. И., Османов И. М. и др. Трофотропное влияние карнитена у подростков с пролапсом митрального клапана и повышенной утомляемостью. 2011. Avaiable at:http://www.rosmedportal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id…(Accessed 31 October 2013).
Description of the Russian-language book (monograph, collection):
Pokrovskiy V. M., Korot’ko G. F., eds. Human physiology. 3rd ed. Moscow: Meditsina; 2013. (in Russian)
Latyshev V. N. Tribology of cutting. v. 1: Frictional processes in metal cutting. Ivanovo: Ivanovо St. Univ.; 2009. (in Russian)
Description of conference materials:
Usmanov T. S., Gusmanov A. A., Mullagalin I. Z. et al. Features of the design of field development with the use of hydraulic fracturing. In: New Energy Saving Subsoil Technologies and the Increasing of the Oil and Gas Impact: Proceedings of the 6th International symposium. Moscow; 2007: 267—72. (in Russian)
Description of the Internet resource:
APA Style (2011). Available at: http://www.apastyle.org/apa-style-help.aspx (accessed 5 February 2011).
Description of the dissertation:
Semenov V. I. Mathematical Modeling of the Plasma in the Compact Torus: diss. Moscow; 2003. (in Russian)
Description of the GOST:
State Standard 8.586.5—2005. Method of measurement. Measurement of flow rate and volume of liquids and gases by means of orifice devices. Moscow: Standartinform Publ.; 2007. (in Russian)
Description of the patent:
Palkin M. V. The Way to Orient on the Roll of Aircraft with Optical Homing Head. Patent 2280590, RF; 2006. (in Russian)
Examples of references in Russian:
Веркина Л. М., Телесманич Н. Р., Мишин Д. В. и др. Конструирование полимерного препарата для серологической диагностики гепатита С. Вопросы вирусологии. 2012; 1: 45—8.
Чучалин А. Г. Грипп: уроки пандемии (клинические аспекты). Пульмонология. 2010; Прил. 1: 3—8.
Aiuti A., Cattaneo F., Galimberti S. et al. Gene therapy for immunodeficiency due to adenosine deaminase deficiency. N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 360(5): 447—58.
Glauser T. A. Integrating clinical trial data into clinical practice. Neurology. 2002; 58(12, Suppl. 7): S6—12.
Медик В. А. Заболеваемость населения: история, современное состояние и методология изучения. М.: Медицина; 2003. 512 c.
Воробьев А. И., ред. Руководство по гематологии. 3-е изд. т. 3. М.: Ньюдиамед; 2005. 416 c.
Радзинский В. Е., ред. Перионеология: Учебное пособие. М.: РУДН; 2008. 78 с.
Beck S., Klobes F., Scherrer C., eds. Surviving globalization? Perspective for the German economic model. Berlin: Springer; 2005. 239 p.
Michelson A. D., ed. Platelets. 2nd ed. San Diego: Elsevier Academic Press; 2007. 1398 p. Mestecky J., Lamm M. E., Strober W., eds. Mucosal immunology. 3rd ed. New York: Academic Press; 2005. 2064 p.
Chapters in a book:
Иванова А. Е. Тенденции и причины смерти населения России. В кн.: Осипов В. Г., Рыбаковский Л. Л., ред. Демографическое развитие России в XXI веке. М.: Экон-Информ; 2009: 110—31.
Silver R. M., Peltier M. R., Branch D. W. The immunology of pregnancy. In: Creasey R. K., Resnik R., eds. Maternal-fetal medicine: Principles and practices. 5th ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 2004: 89—109.
Materials of scientific conferences, dissertations:
Актуальные вопросы гематологии и трансфузиологии: Материалы научно-практической конференции. Санкт-Петербург, 8 июля 2009 г. СПб.; 2009.
Салов И. А., Маринушкин Д. Н. Акушерская тактика при внутриутробной гибели плода. В кн.: Материалы IV Российского форума «Мать и дитя». М.; 2000; ч. 1: 516-9.
European Meeting on Hypertension. Milan, Jine 15—19, 2007. Milan; 2007.
Harnden P., Joffe J. K., Jones W.G., eds. Germ Cell Tumours V: Proceedings of the 5th Germ Cell Tumour Conference. 2001, Sept. 13-15; Leeds; UK. New York: Springer; 2001.
Мельникова Н. В. Клинико-биохимические и морфологические изменения печени у больных с атерогенной дислипидемией: Дис. … канд. мед. наук. М.; 2008. 126 c.
Borkowski M. M. Infant sleep and feeding: a telephone survey of Hispanic Americans: diss. Mount Pleasant (MI): Central Michigan University; 2002. 120 p.
Резолюция, принятая Генеральной Ассамблеей Организации Объединенных Наций № 66/288. Будущее, которого мы хотим. 27 июля 2012 года. Available at: http://www.uncsd2012.org/thefuturewewant.html;http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N11/476/12/PDF/N1147612.pdf?O….
Abood S. Quality improvement initiative in nursing homes: the ANA acts in an advisory role. Am. J. Nurs. 2002; 102 (6). Available at: http:/www.psvedu.ru/journal/2011/4/2560.phtml.
The author is responsible for the correctness of the reference data.
11. Only standard abbreviations (abbreviations) must be used in the article. The abbreviations should not be used in the title of the article and in the abstract. The full term, instead of which the abbreviation is introduced, must precede the first application of this abbreviation in the text (unless it is a standard unit of measurement). Special terms should be given in the Russian translation.
12. The authors are responsible for the correctness of the information given in the text of the article.
13. All articles received by the editorial staff (except for articles by academicians of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus) must be anonymously reviewed. If the reviewers have questions on the article, it returns to the author with comments of the reviewer. The date of the article reception — is the date the editorial staff receives the final version of the article.
14. The editorial staff reserves the right to shorten the text and make editorial changes to it, not distorting the meaning of the article (literary and technological editing).
15. The author, sending an article to the editorial office of the magazine, transfers his rights to the publication in the magazine, placing it on the magazine’s website, the eLibrary.ru scientific electronic library and in international databases.
16. Articles, previously published or sent to another journals or collections, are not accepted. Not accepted for publication also articles violating the «Rules and Norms of Humane Treatment of Bio-Objects of Research».
17. Advertising articles, as well as confined commemorative and memorable dates, reports on conferences and congresses are published after prepayment. Articles of authors who are not subscribed to the magazine are printed on a fee basis, if the article is not ordered by the editorial board.
18. Manuscripts that do not meet these specified requirements are not considered. Work not accepted for printing cannot be returned to the authors.
19. Reprinting of materials published in the magazine by other individuals and legal entities is possible only with the written consent of the editorial staff with mandatory indication of the output of the magazine in which the material was firstly published.
20. Reliability of the data. According to ethical obligations, scientists must provide reliable results of scientific work for publication.
Authorship. All persons designated as «authors» must comply with the criteria of this concept. The participation of each author in the work should be sufficient to assume responsibility for its content. The right to be called the author is based on the following facts:
1) significant contribution to the concept of research or to data analysis and interpretation;
2) the preparation of the text of the article or the introduction of fundamental changes;
3) the final approval of the version that is submitted for printing.
Participation, consisting only in securing financing or selecting material for an article, does not justify inclusion in the author’s group. The overall management of the research team is also not recognized as sufficient for authorship.
All members of the team, that do not meet the authorship criteria, must be listed with their consent in the section «Expression of gratitude».
The order in which the authors will be listed is determined by their joint decision.
Participation of authors:
a) the concept and design of the study,
b) collection of information and processing of material,
c) statistical processing of data,
d) writing a text,
e) editing the text.
Conflict of interest. Conflict of interests concerning a particular manuscript arises if one of the participants in the review or publication process — the author, reviewer or editor — has circumstances that could influence his decision or opinion. The most common cause of conflict of interest is financial relations. There are other possible reasons: personal relations, scientific rivalry. Participants in the review and publication process should report a conflict of interest.
Respect for patients’ rights and confidentiality. Patients have the right to maintain confidentiality, which cannot be violated without their consent. Personally identifiable information, including patient names, initials, hospital numbers and case histories, should not be published in written descriptions, photographs and pedigrees unless this information is of great scientific value or if the patient does not provide written consent for publication. Authors must provide the written consent of the patient for the dissemination of information to the editors and report on this in the article.
Protection of humans and animals in the conduct of scientific research. If the article contains descriptions of experiments involving human or human subjects, the authors should indicate whether they were conducted in accordance with the ethical standards of the committee responsible for experiments involving human / people (being part of the institution or national) and the 1975 Helsinki Declaration and its revised Version of 2008. In experiments involving animals, the authors should indicate whether the national requirements and the management requirements of the institution were met.
Multiple publications. The editors do not consider manuscripts, that are simultaneously submitted for publication in other magazines, as well as works, that have been already partly published as an article or have become part of other work, submitted or accepted for publication by some other print publication or electronic media. This policy does not exclude consideration of an article that has not been accepted for publication by another magazine, or a complete description presented after the publication of preliminary results (theses) presented at professional conferences.